Humans of Elizabeth
Using “Humans of New York” (HONY) as an inspiration, we have put together an Elizabeth edition. In case you are not familiar with HONY, this is a when someone takes a photo and does a brief interview with someone going about their daily life in NY. Here is the website for your perusal https://www.humansofnewyork.com/. Each grade level will focus on a different aspect of life in Elizabeth.
9th grade— Humans of AHPA Annex—staff and students
10th grade—Humans of Elizabeth—the shops (beauty/barber/nails—customers and workers)
11th grade—Humans of Elizabeth—the restaurants—customers and workers
12th grade—Humans of Elizabeth—Senior Citizens
- Create a post/word document about your assigned human of Elizabeth.
- Ask your subject if it is ok that you take a photo before you begin your interview. If you can’t take his/her photo, you can’t use that person for this project. Feel free, however, to have a conversation with that person and get to know another Elizabeth community member.
- Ask at least three questions to two people that you do not know. Some sample questions.
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be and why?
- What superhero best represents you?
- What is your weakness?
- What makes you happy?
- What is your greatest struggle?
- What is the greatest source of inspiration in your life?
- If you knew everyone in the world was listening, what would you say?
- Have students generate more questions so that they have several questions to ask the people they interview.
- Take a photo.
- Write a brief blurb about their human of Elizabeth and attach a picture to the blurb