Your Welcome Packet and the below documents will be mailed to you shortly. You do not need to print these documents. Please make sure all documents are carefully reviewed and sent back on the first day of School.
Below you will find the summer assignments for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year.
going into 2nd grade
going into 3rd grade
going into 4th grade
Grade 4 Social Studies - Know how the continents and states.
going into 5th grade
going into 6th grade
going into 7th grade
Grade 7 Reading can be found in the school's main office
going into 8th grade
*Please note, information regarding supply lists not found here will be sent home with students on the first day of school.
CHIHUI SEO ALFARO, Principal
Alfaroch@epsnj.org | 908.436.4861
Dear Halloran School Families,
I hope you are enjoying the long summer days and creating some wonderful new memories with your families. As we begin the month of August and the summer begins to wind down, we are preparing another exceptional school year ahead to continue the legacy of our Nationally Recognized Blue Ribbon School with challenging and engaging curriculum for all students. Most importantly, I am so delighted to share with you that William F. Halloran School No. 22 will relocate to a brand new building located at 612 Pulaski Street.
Our current location at School No. 31 has served our school community very well over the last decade. There are so many wonderful memories here, and for that, we are extremely thankful. Our new location will continue to serve our students in a new and innovative state of the art building. It will allow us to build on all the incredible things we have begun and continue to expand on them for the coming years.
One change that could impact your child is his or her eligibility for bussing. Some of you who currently receive transportation may no longer be eligible due to your proximity to the new school's location at 612 Pulaski Street. Letters will be mailed to your home by our Transportation department soon to inform you in regard to this matter. They can also be reached directly at 908-436-6840.
The first day back to school for all students is Thursday, September 7, 2017 from 8:15 a.m. through 3:05 p.m. In the soon coming days, you will receive your 2017-2018 Welcome Packet in the mail. Your child's name, grade, and homeroom will be indicated on the label that is affixed on the envelope. This information will be necessary for the first day of school to know where your child reports.
- Below are the documents that will be included in the Welcome Packet. They are also available on the website under "Announcements" but you will receive the packet shortly. Forms numbers 1-7 must be filled out and returned to school on the first day.
- Student Emergency Form 2017-2018.
- Student Internet & Network Permission Form
- Media Release Form
- District Website Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- Notice Regarding Physical form
- Authorization for Release of Confidential Medical Information
- Bulletin 45: Request for Student Supervision After School Dismissal.
- 2017-2018 District School Calendar.
- Full Gifted and Talented School Uniform Policy- Students must be in full uniform including a tie every day and proper all black shoes. Please ensure your child is in FULL uniform daily or they will receive a referral.
Please note the below important information:
- All students entering the 6th grade have State Mandated Immunization: All students entering the 6th grade this year should have already received their required immunizations or they will not be admitted into school on the first day. Students will be sent home until this is completed and returned to school.
- Summer work due: All student summer work is due on the first day of school. You can get them on our school website under "Announcements"if you have not received them.
- First day of school procedures: when the enter the building:
- Students entering 2nd and 3rd grade will report to the gym.
- Students entering 4th, 5th and 6th grade will report to the Multi-purpose room/Auditorium.
- Students entering 7th and 8th grade will report to the school cafeteria.
- DISMISSAL PROCEDURES:
- Students who are bussed will leave from the gym.
- Parent pick ups will be from the cafeteria on Clifton Street.
- Walkers will also be dismissed from the cafeteria on Clifton Street. All students allowed to walk home from parents must have their form signed that is included in the welcome packet.
There will be teachers on site to assist parents and students as well. Families will not be able to enter the school building on the first day of school but will have future opportunities for school tours at our Back to School Night scheduled for Thursday, September 28th beginning at 6:00 p.m.
Please continue to check out website for any updates and LIKE our school face book page below at (https://www.facebook.com/halloran22/).
I look forward to reuniting with you all on September 7th and starting another fun school year together! As an entire school community, we will continue to hold high expectations for every child to be college and career ready for their future success! I hope that you and your families enjoy the last few long summers days and I look forward to see you on the first day of school as we begin another exciting school year together!
"Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much." Helen Keller.
Thank you for your continued support! Please continue to have a safe summer! If you have further questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com or by phone at 908-436-4861.
Chihui Seo Alfaro
The Union County Sheriff’s Office held its annual youth academy this August. This is a FREE program that is designed to provide the youths in our communities the opportunity to gain insight into the everyday functions and training of the variety of law enforcement agencies and emergency services in our government.
Mark Your Calendar
October 9, 2017
October 12, 2017
October 19, 2017
October 26, 2017
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM TJA Presents - Mother Courage and Her Children