CHIHUI SEO ALFARO, Principal
Alfaroch@epsnj.org | 908.436.4861
Dear William F. Halloran School No. 22 Families:
I hope that you are enjoying the long summer days and creating some wonderful new memories with your families and loved ones. During the summer weeks, we are preparing for another exceptional school year ahead as we continue the legacy of our Nationally Recognized Blue-Ribbon School with challenging and engaging curriculum for all students. We are also so fortunate to have finished our first year in our beautiful new state of the art school building with all of the wonderful amenities. Our students continue to blossom in every way as we take full advantage of all the great opportunities. I am absolutely honored to serve as your principal and so proud of all our student’s accomplishments as they represent the legacy of School 22.
We also welcome several new students to the gifted and talented program. We are so excited to have you on board! Students may or may not qualify for transportation. You will have to contatct the Transportation Department at 908-436-6840. They are located on 625 Summer Street, Elizabeth should you have any questions.
In the meantime, we are preparing for another exciting school year ahead. As a “Leader in Me” school, Microsoft School, Blue Ribbon status and a possible Future Ready school, we are eager to begin this new venture together as we continue to provide excellence to ensure all our students are fully prepared for college and beyond, both academically and socially! As one of the leading schools in the state of New Jersey, we continue to expand our initiatives to serve our students and families. LIKE us on our FACEBOOK PAGE! to keep up with all our activities throughout the school year!
The first day back to school for all students is on Thursday, September 6th, 2018 from 8:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Below is an important list to assist you in planning and preparing for the new school year. Please ensure that you read each document in the envelope carefully and return them with your child on the first day of school. Please print and write clearly.
- Your child’s name, grade, and homeroom will be indicated on the welcome packet mailed in August. This information should be used on the first day of school in order to identify where your child should report.
- The following documents will be enclosed for your immediate review. Please complete and return all documents with your child on the first day of school. (Numbers 1-7 below)
- Student Emergency Information Form 2017-2018.
- Student Internet & Network Permission Form
- Media Release Form
- District Website Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- Notice Regarding Physical Form
- Authorization for Exchange of Confidential Information
- Bulletin 45: Student Supervision After School Dismissal (Students will not be allowed to walk home or leave the building if this form is not returned signed)
- 2017-2018 EPS District School Calendar.
- William F. Halloran Gifted and Talented School Uniform Policy- Students must be in full uniform including a tie every day and proper all black shoes. Please ensure your child is in FULL uniform daily or they will receive a discipline referral.
- POWER SCHOOL login information. All parents and guardians should have an active Powerschool account. Please contact the main office or the guidance office to set this up at 908-436-4882.
Please notify the main office to update phone numbers that are changed during the school year. In the event of an emergency, we will need to contact you as soon as possible. Please see the below important information.
- All 6th Grade Students Mandated Immunization: All students entering the 6th grade this year should have already received their state required immunizations and have proper records or they will not be admitted into school on the first day. Students will be sent home until they receive their required immunizations. This is very important and will affect your child’s attendance records. Please ensure students have proper documents as proof of immunization.
- Summer Assignments: Please check the due date for the summer assignments. You can obtain the assignments and supply lists on the school website at https://www.epsnj.org/Domain/40 under “Announcements,” if you have not received them. You can also come to the school and pick up a packet.
- School Attendance is Very Important! Students must be in school daily and on time, unless there in an emergency or he/she is very ill. Proper excused medical notes are required in such cases to retain placement here at William F. Halloran School No. 22, the attendance policy is mandated to nine (9) excused absences and fifteen (15) tardies. Students will also be required to attend summer school as well with excessive absences or tardies.
- PowerSchool Parent Portal: Please make sure you are signed up for Power school to keep up with your child’s grades and update your contact information. For assistance with setting up an account, please go to https://epsnj.powerschool.com/public/ or contact our guidance counselor, Mrs. Delgado at 908-436-4882. A letter is also included with directions. All parents should have an active power school account.
- First Day of School Procedures; school will be open beginning at 7:45 a.m.
- Students entering 2nd and 3rd grade will report to the Gymnasium.
- Students entering 4th, 5th and 6th grade will report to the Auditorium.
- Students entering 7th and 8th grade will report to the Cafeteria.
- Dismissal Procedures
- All students being picked up after school will be picked up on Clifton Street from our cafeteria doors. All students must be signed out.
- Any students given permission to walk home alone must return form #7 Bulletin 45 as mentioned above signed by a parent.
- Students who qualify for bussing will be dismissed from the gymnasium to board the busses. Please contact the Transportation Department regarding any bussing questions at 908-436-6840.
Teachers will be onsite to assist parents and students on the first day of school. Parents and guardians will not be able to enter the school building but will have future opportunities to meet our teachers at our Back to School Night scheduled for Thursday, September 27th beginning at 6:00.
LIKE US ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE! to keep up with all our activities throughout the school year!
We look forward to reuniting with all of you on Thursday, September 6th and beginning another fun-filled school year together! We can ensure you that your child will succeed in all aspects of school, both academically and socially. We invite you to join us for our many events throughout the school year to create a positive learning environment that will promote respect, personal responsibility, positive character, academic achievement, and, ultimately, student success!
I hope to see all our parents and families on Back-to-School Night on Thursday, September 27th at 6:00 p.m. We welcome you to see the beautiful building and discuss all the wonderful initiatives that we have planned. I hope that you and your families enjoy the last few long summer days and I look forward to seeing you on the first day of school as we begin another sensational school year together!
“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” Helen Keller. Thank you for your continued support!
Please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours in Education,
Chihui Seo Alfaro
Mark Your Calendar
January 28, 2019
January 30, 2019
February 7, 2019
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM Meet the Coaches Spring 2017
February 13, 2019
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM ESEPAC Meetings