COVID Vaccines Available to all Elizabeth Teachers Returning to the Classroom
E-Remote Learning Responsibilities
In recognition of Autism Awareness Month, Elizabeth Board of Education President Jerry Jacobs, Board members Diane Barbosa and Iliana Chevres, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning Dr. Jennifer Cedeño, and Director of Special Services Diana Pinto-Gomez visited several schools that house the district’s autism program.
Elizabeth Public Schools officially opened its doors on April 19 to in-person learning for students in prekindergarten through third grade in its efforts to reopen schools for all students.
Elizabeth Public Schools once again opened its doors to students in grades PK – 3 on Monday, April 19 for in-person instruction after a long absence from teaching and learning taking place inside schools due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Recourses and Information
COVID-19 Housing AssistanceProgram
Center for Disease Control
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus
- CDC’s COVID-19 Website
New Jersey Department of Health
- NJDOH Coronaviris COVID-19 Website
Union County Department of Health
- Office of Health Management – Union County
- UC-TEST to Provide Bi-Monthly Mobile Testing of All County Teachers and Staff – County of Union, New Jersey
Good Hand Hygiene Practices
- When and How to Wash Your Hands
- When and How to Use Hand Sanitizer in Community Settings
- Handwashing Training and Education
Food Insecurity Resources
Essential Personnel Childcare
- All centers must adhere to the public health guidance issued by DCF, which covers special sanitation and safety procedures during the COVID-19 public health emergency.